Friday, February 27, 2009

Frugal Fridays: Bridesmaids Dresses on a Budget

This August will mark my 6th stint as a maid, so trust me, when I tell you I understand the importance of finding an affordable bridesmaid dress. The first time I went bridesmaid dress shopping, I was more concerned about the style of the dress and how I would look in the dress than the attached price tag. Six years later, I can unequivocally tell you that the price tag trumps the style of the dress! Maids - listen up. Chances are, you probably won't wear your dress again (I re-wore one dress, one time) so don't fight your bride on the style of dress. Yes, you're wearing it but it's one day, a day honouring your close friend, so save your opinions for the price tag discussion. Your bank account will thank you. Brides - keep in mind that your girls may be in other weddings or have other expenses so try to be upfront about costs with them from the get-go. This way, you and your girls can get a sense of the parameters you're working with.

Here are some bridesmaid dresses I found that are under $200.

David's Bridal - www.davidsbridal.com
A leader in providing affordable attire for the whole wedding party, David's Bridal has over 280 stores and offers online shopping, making it a convenient choice for many maids. I hear David's service leaves something to be desired, so keep in mind that you may have to sacrifice quality service for a little more change in the coin purse.


David's Bridal - US $120

Sears Canada - www.sears.ca
This one is for my Canadian peeps. Though there isn't a lot of variety in its inventory, Sears does offer bridesmaid attire. Who knew? Simple, elegant, and you can't beat the price point.
Sears.ca - CDN $129.99

Marciano - www.guessbymarciano.com
Marciano, Guess' more glamorous sister, usually has fun and flirty cocktail dresses that can serve double duty as coordinating bridesmaids dresses.

Marciano- CDN $194.99

Nordstrom - www.nordstrom.com
Ever since my cousin's wedding, I've a big fan of JS Boutique. Available at Nordstrom's, JS Boutiques dresses are extremely affordable, easy to order and fit like a glove. I wore something similar to the dress below. To this day, I still thank my cousin for picking JS Boutique.

Nordstrom- JS Couture - US $98.00

I love the sale section at Nordstrom.com. There are usually a ton of cute party dresses that can substitute in as dresses for bridesmaids. Here are two that caught my eye:

Nordstrom - ABS by Allen Schwartz - US $169.90

Nordstrom - Maggy London - US $91.90

Where did you find your budget-friendly bridesmaids dresses?

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are some gorgeous dresses for such a reasonable price. I would certainly wear them again if I had to buy one for my bridesmaid event.

Anonymous said...

Recently we went shopping and found that many of the bridesmaid dresses at brial boutiques are under $200. A lot of Impressions dresses are in that price range.

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Thanks fabbrunette!

Krista said...

Not too shabby! I hav seen the Sears options before, but I didn't know to look at Marciano!

Mo said...

I like the Sears' dresses! I'm planning to have my bridesmaids pick out their own dresses, but I was also checking out Forever 21 and Target for more affordable options.

Nicole said...

Love the Marciano dress here.

kadler said...

Nordstrom has some adorable stuff - that one-sleeved dress is gorgeous.

My fave place to shop for budget dresses? The sales at J. Crew and Banana Republic.

Krista said...

... I still think this might be the best blog post for the month of February. Maybe in 2009. :)

I posted on the blog award you nominated for: http://kristaandwadeswedding.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-award.html

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

aww. thanks Krista!

Haley said...

I love all those beautiful dresses!! I'm pretty impressed with Nordstrom dresses...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin