Sunday, February 8, 2009

Are you going to watch the Grammys?


Every year I debate whether I'm going to watch the Grammys or not. On one hand, since I work in the music industry, I feel I should be on the up & up and watch. On the other hand, every year, I complain about how poor the sound quality is, how long the show goes and how I will never get back those few hours. So what about this year?

I'll probably tune in to at least see Adele. At the tender age of 20, she's garnered 4 Grammy nominations this year, one of them for Best New Artist. I was lucky enough to see the UK singing sensation last summer here in Toronto at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre (which is a great concert venue by the way - great acoustics ) and she was amazing. Check out her video for "Chasing Pavements."

Other acts I'll likely watch are Coldplay, M.I.A. (today is her due date!), Radiohead and Katy Perry.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin