Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Admit it, I'm a Coffee Snob

Good ol' Mickey D's in Canada is offering free coffee during breakfast hours for two weeks. McDonald's rationale is that they'll get customers 'hooked' on their coffee after the two weeks. Not a bad marketing ploy and who doesn't like free? Especially in these bleak economic times (with Starbucks closing down outlets.) Here's the thing, I am a full out coffee snob. I prefer drinking lattes over brewed coffee, and when I do have brewed coffee, I'm very partial to Tim Horton's (Canada's national treasure, well, other than hockey). My favourite place in Toronto for a latte is the Bulldog Cafe. It's a bit of a trek for me to get there but once a week, I wake up a little earlier, leave the house a little earlier, just to taste this:


via Bulldog Cafe

I kid you not, it is PURE heaven. Perfect way to start the day. So now you know why, that while FREE is good, I just can't do it cuz I'm a coffee snob.

Would you go and get the free coffee? Or are you a cafe snob like me?

5 comments:

Krista said...

I would try it ... but I already know it tastes kinda like Timmy's coffee. They changed their coffee ~3 years ago to be more like Tim's! I am not partial to Tim's - it's too bitter. Of course, I'll drink it (triple milk, one sugar, thank you), but I'd much prefer Second Cup coffee! Yum!

Anonymous said...

McDonald's coffee is the worst. I enjoy black brewed coffee, but it has to be Starbucks French Roast or Verona... I'm not a fan of Timmy's. And I adore lattes!

http://fab.typepad.com

Alison said...

Starbucks had free coffee yesterday so I was in my glory. I heard ...

1 - McDic's uses the same bean as Tim's
2 - Tim's tastes different because they brew their coffee with already boiled water. So the beans are doubled bolied (so to speak).

DOM said...

I am a self proclaimed coffee snob.. but would you really pass up a free coffee?? common... $6 in one hand.. Free on the other..

p.s. I secretly love Mcd's coffee..

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Hmmm, maybe I've become too much of a coffee snob. I have to admit, I haven't had McDonald's coffee in a very long time. If they use the Timmy's bean, maybe it's not that bad........

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin