Some highlights from mine:
1. The BF arrived! And accompanying him were my lovely Charles by Charles David 'Dame' shoes....
and my lovely Vera Wang Lavendar Label LBD
2. After a delicious dinner Friday night, I made the shoe mule, I mean the BF, watch Bride Wars. Well, I watched it, and he rolled his eyes while drinking his wine. (Actually, the BF was waiting for the scene when, and I quote, "Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson picked their bridal lingerie." boys.) Not bad. Not great. Totally girly, cheesy fun. If you haven't watched it, watch it with some girl friends. Have you seen it? What did you think?
3. Saturday night, I stuffed my face at the best oyster restaurant in the city, Rodney's Oyster House (there's also one in Vancouver). Known primarily for their fresh assortment of raw oysters, Rodney's also makes amazing shrimp, lobster, and other seafood dishes. How can you not love a place that makes a "Back from Hell" hot sauce?
5. Packing, packing and more packing! We move next Tuesday. Yikes! I've packed most of the so-called non-essential items (e.g. winter clothes, trinkets, decorations etc). I'm leaving the rest for this coming weekend.
6. Mo from Pink Argyle bestowed upon me the One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks Mo. FYI-I've been stalking her blog lately for her jewelery inspiration. To see the other blogs Mo awarded, click here.
7. I hate to admit it but I'm a Hills addict. For me, it's the equivalent of placing my brain on the boob tube for some numbing relaxation after a very long work day. Last night was the season finale and also marked Lauren Conrad's final appearance on the show. Although the episode featured Heidi and Spencer's (3rd?) wedding, it was a bit lackluster. Could I be outgrowing this 'young adult' fare? Nah. As soon I saw scenes from the new season, revamped with another former Laguna Beach starlet, Kristin Cavallari, I knew I was so back in! Sigh - that's a sigh of exasperation from the BF.
While we're on the topic, what did you think of LC's MTV Movie Awards' outfit? Risque for her, I know, but I'm not loving the bubble, ruched skirt.8. All in all an action-packed weekend....which is why I took not one but TWO naps. I love my naps. The BF has identified napping as one of my talents. My friends have taken to snapping pictures of me napping on the various trips we've been on. I can nap ANYWHERE. Especially in moving vehicles. I firmly believe in siesta time. You?
Have a great week!