Monday, July 6, 2009

Designer Spotlight: Lea-Ann Belter Bridal

Remember way back in April when I said I would start a new feature spotlighting Canadian bridal designers? Yeah, well, I kind of fell off the wagon there. Sorry!

Today I'm featuring Lea-Ann Belter. Some of you may already be familiar her clean lines and elegant details. Lea-Ann has been designing wedding gowns close to two decades. Since her start in 1989, Lea-Ann has gained many accolades including the 2007 Canadian Wedding Industry award for Bridal Wear Designer of the Year.

Living in Toronto, I'm lucky to pass by her flagship store on Queen St. East every so often and drool a little. Priding herself on quality textiles and workmanship, Lea-Ann manufactures all her gowns in Canada.


Here are some of my favourites from Lea-Ann's collection. What distinguishes Lea-Ann Belter gowns from other wedding gowns are their simplicity, elegance and they possess one standout feature (e.g. cap sleeves, low back, mermaid skirt) making them truly unique.

2009 Tess

2009 Bridget

2009 Suzette

2009 Paige

2008 Mallory

2009 Carolina

Lea-Ann Belter gowns are sold all over North America and the UK. To find a store carrying Lea- Ann Belter's collection, click here. To see more of the collection, visit Lea-Ann's website.

7 comments:

Suzanne Casamento said...

Those dresses are fabulously gorgeous! Makes me want one!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous! love her too. I love the Canadian content, keep it coming.

Habit said...

Wow - thanks for sharing - what a great idea!
When I bought my dress, I knew I wanted a Canadian designer - wish I'd found your blog sooner!
I ended up buying a dress by Barbara Allin... I don't think the has a website....
S.

Barbara said...

Absolutely love this feature!!!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

@Vancouver Bride - Ooh, I like Barbara Allin's dresses too. Apparently the line was founded by the founders of Becker's Bridal, a bridal boutique here in Toronto. Looking forward to seeing your dress!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

oh my gosh... those are absolutely beautiful!

Krista said...

I totally wish I'd known about her. Love it! (I wonder if she does regular dresses.)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin